10 Weird Things Plumbers Find in Toilets
Toilets are not made to have anything flushed down them besides the typical toilet paper and natural waste, but you’d be surprised at the weird things plumbers find in toilets. Plumbers encounter weird things being flushed down the toilet every day.
List of Weird Things Plumbers Find in Toilets
- Animals: You’ve heard of goldfish being flushed down the toilet after passing, but unfortunately, goldfish don't even make the top of the list of weird things plumbers find in toilets. Plumbers have seen raccoons, snakes, squirrels, and more in toilets. How did these animals end up in the toilet? Sometimes accidents happen when homeowners find wild animals in their homes and freak out; other times, the animals end up there on their own.
- Money: Some people “keep money safe” by flushing it down the toilet and then, ironically, forgetting about it. People have been known to buy new houses and find money hidden in the toilet. Talk about a lucky day!
- Drugs: When quickly trying to hide things, many people think the toilet is the safest place. This is proven rapidly wrong because foreign objects are not supposed to be flushed down the toilet and can end up flooding the bathroom.
- Kid’s Toys: Parents know the struggle of turning around for 30 seconds and some type of toy ending up in the toilet. The real struggle is when they don’t notice the toy until after it’s flushed.
- Phones: Texting while on the toilet is more common than you think, resulting in many phones being lost to the toilet.
- Kitty Litter: Some people think that because litter boxes are where their cats go to the bathroom, cat waste can be disposed of the same way human waste is. This causes huge clogs, so throw away your kitty litter the right way!
- Clothing: This is a new level of not wanting to do laundry. Plumbers often find articles of clothing clogged in toilets surprisingly often.
- Jewelry: Wedding rings and other jewelry pieces are some of the easiest things to lose in the toilet simply because of the size.
- Pictures: Whether it's a bad breakup or just a bad day, mementos like pictures have ended up in the toilet. It’s not the best place for them and can cause a clog. Instead, we suggest (safely) burning them or throwing them away as an alternative!
- Food: If you’re trying to get out of a bad dinner party, the toilet is not the place to hide the food!
These are just a few of the weird things plumbers find in toilets.
Did you flush something that would make our list of weird things plumbers find in toilets?
We all know things happen, and things can get lost down the drain, so if that happens, call High Speed Plumbing and schedule an appointment for clogged plumbing repair.