Garbage Disposal Services
We keep your garbage disposal in top condition
If your garbage disposal is acting up, High Speed Plumbing can help. We handle problems large and small including:
- Clogged garbage disposal
- Leaky garbage disposal
- Overly noisy garbage disposal
- Garbage disposal won’t turn on
Our experienced plumbers are familiar with all kinds of garbage disposals so you can rely on us for fast and effective repairs at a great price.
Simple Steps to Try Before You Call Us
If your garbage disposal won’t turn on, try hitting the reset button on the bottom of the unit. This may solve the problem. If you’re dealing with a jam, check to see if there’s a hex key or Allen wrench under your sink. Insert this tool into a slot on the bottom of the unit and turn it back and forth to clear the jam.
Need a New Garbage Disposal?
We’ll be happy to take a look at your garbage disposal and advise you on the benefits of repair vs replacement. If you choose replacement, we can recommend a quality unit and provide professional installation so you can enjoy reliable operation for years to come.
How to Keep Your Garbage Disposal in Top Condition
After many years of experience in the garbage disposal repair business, we’ve seen firsthand what an impact proper operation, maintenance, and cleaning can have for the longevity and reliability of a garbage disposal. Here are our top tips for keeping your garbage disposal and your drains working their best:
- Don’t use your garbage disposal as a trash can. Remember all the food waste you put down your garbage disposal has to go through your pipes. You don’t want to overload the system and get a clog.
- Don’t put grease or fat down the garbage disposal. Grease, fat, and oil can adhere to the sides of your pipes and cause clogs as well as odor problems.
- Don’t put fibrous foods like banana peels, celery, and corn husks, or starchy foods like potato peels or rice down the garbage disposal. These kinds of foods can make your garbage disposal jam.
- Keep utensils and bones out of your garbage disposal as they could nick the blades.
- Clean your garbage disposal weekly by grinding up vinegar ice cubes or a lemon. Don’t use bleach or drain cleaner on your garbage disposal.
Need Help Now?
Depending on what’s wrong with your garbage disposal, you may need a plumber to help you in a hurry. Fortunately, High Speed Plumbing offers emergency service 24/7. Simply dial 626-890-0185 now to speak to a trained customer service representative and make your appointment.